Sunday, December 2, 2007

Project Runway, They Make It Work!

So I am fashionably late to the party that is Project Runway, but thanks to the graciousness of a Bravo marathon, I think I'm caught up.

First, let me tell you that I love Tim Gunn and sometimes Michael Kors and can take or leave Heidi Klum; for me she is always out. I love the fact that some of the designers are well into their 40's, (Chris, Sweet P, Elisa) one of them is quite corpulent (Chris), one bares a striking resemblance to Vera Wang (Victorya), one has been living with HIV for many years (Jack), and one is so strange that she spits on fabric to mark it, hand measures models, and has to turn away while male models are changing clothes (Elisa). This is diversity!

It is a shame that their diversity doesn't always extend to their designing skills. After being given the challenge of designing men's wear for Today correspondent, Tiki Barber, so many of the designers were clearly flummoxed by the assignment that deciding who to send home was more of a multiple choice question.

It's fun to watch the chaos that ensues in these episodes, and the snarkiness that can come out in the contestants is the stuff that legends are made of. One think I'll say about Project Runway, they make it work!

0 Comments: